Monday 18 April 2011

Critiquing the Chopping Block

Critiquing the Chopping Block
As I was reading threw my fellow classmates blogs I came across this one: “The Chopping Block” by Blake Benson that held my attention for a while… I can’t help but to agree with Mr. Benson on this matter. I think it is ridiculous for the state lawmakers to even think about cutting the funds for AIDS Drug Assistance Program! I use to be a certified pharmacy technician and I for one know how expensive the medication for AIDS and HIV can be. The pharmacy wouldn’t even order it unless we had a patient on it and when we did they knew they had to call it in at least 5 days before they needed it so that we could insure that we had the quantity they needed. What could possibly make them think that killing these people faster than they already are dying is okay?? It’s sad enough that there is no cure for them. GURR! It makes me so angry to know that the lawmakers are coming up with the most retarded things to use for their budget cuts like education and health! I’m glad that in the end of this it’s not going to be cut but, I really hope that this program never gets cut and it’s so wrong for them to have to worry about the program ever being in that predicament now and in the future. I must say I love Mr. Benson last line of his blog “I swear this state needs to get its priorities straight” Now that’s hella true!

No comments:

Post a Comment