Sunday 1 May 2011

Bin Laden Dead…

Bin Laden Dead…      

WOW…As I was driving to work tonight I heard the news about Osama bin Laden finally found killed and now his body has been taken in custody. 
Congratulations to the small team of Americans that killed bin Laden! This man hunt has nearly gone on a decade! It’s crazy to know that a man that has ruined thousands of peoples live has 10 years later been killed!

 When I came into work tonight I looked the information up on yahoo and I found the article, Obama: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead by: Julie Pace and Matt Apuzzo the information is slowly coming out still… but I decided to write about this because to me it’s bitter-sweet. Obama said “Justice has been done.” and Former President George W. Bush says “The fight against terror goes on, but tonight American has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.” So what is justice?  The wikipedia says Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, natural law, religion, fairness, or equity, along with the punishment of the breach of said ethics. So in my mind and I’m pretty sure the minds of many others does this mean Bin Laden’s Al-Qaida people that he trained and are just as twisted minded as he was going to continue to try to get “justice” for there leaders death? I’m honestly worried for what the terrorist next step is going to be. I’m pretty sure that they have some type of plan worked out if this was to ever happen. So we will have to wait and see what kind of affect this is going to have on the US.

It’s awesome to know a huge crowd gathered outside the White House tonight as the word spread, with everyone cheering for the USA.  It does put a smile on my face knowing that strangers come together for the good and the bad.  I remember where I was and what I was doing for 9-11 so I’m thankful for Obama and Bush’s attempt to find and kill Bin Laden.  I’m not sure if it is “justice” because all the lives we lost will never be given back and all the soldiers out there aren’t going to come home because it’s over… I don’t think it will ever be over. We can hope, pray and wish only. Thank you to the men who carried out the operation you have given a bit of faith and hope to the families that were affected in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment